What is an account officer?
An Account officer is responsible for handling financial records and bookkeeping of a company. They oversee the overall company accounts, invoices, transactions as well as payments with clients.
What is an Account officers’ salary range?
The salary for this job is dependent on experience, and an entry level account officer might have a starting salary of R180k per annum
Entry level R180k per annum
Senior Level R320k Per annum
*the salary figures included here are for information purposes only and are not to be regarded as the actual salary figures, they could be less or even higher depending on the company and experience
This is a template that can be used for free when advertising an account officer role on careerdam.com (Posting a single job for 30 days is R850, and to post 6 jobs cost R3800 for 45 days, posting 12 jobs is R5800 for 60 days), Pricing
We are looking for dedicated, passionate account officer who is also detail oriented and can communicate effectively to assist our company’s finance department in handling financial records and bookkeeping, and also be responsible to oversee the overall company accounts, invoices, transactions as well as payments with clients.
A successful candidate in this role must possess the accounting procedure knowledge, effective communications skills, detailed-oriented, and be open to learning and going above expectations to meet the job requirements.
- Handle financial Records
- Maintain financial records and keep them up to date
- Handle accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage invoices and payments
- Manage the general ledger.
- Client relations with regards to transactions and invoice payments
- Resolve queries related to accounts.
- Matric with an accounting Diploma
- 1-3 Years’ experience
- At least one Accounting software knowledge and strong analytical skills
- Effective communications skills
- Team player