Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing and solving statistical analysis, forecasting, predictive modelling, simulation and optimisation to discover trends, opportunities and threats. Communicates findings to business users to share solutions. Designs quantitative advanced analytics models that answer business questions and/or discover opportunities for improvement, increased revenue or reduced costs. Remains current with developments in advanced analytics technology and methodologies. Establishes effective and collaborative partnerships with other IT teams and provides technical and functional support. May be responsible for managing a team of data scientists.
Job Description: Key Responsibilities
• Responsible for the implementation of the design, testing and maintenance of solutions.
• Understanding of the client problem that needs to be solved with the solution within Data and Analytics.
• Develop a work ethic where you understand, it makes a positive difference in the lives of clients (understand the purpose of your work);
• Development, testing and implementation;
• Coding and testing the solution based on the architecture designed by project seniors. This includes, but is not limited to, platform configuration, reporting and database development;
• Producing detailed specifications with assistance of senior project members;
• Preparation of detailed, accurate documentation which provides a description of the functions and operation of the solution that team members can refer to if they need to modify or upgrade the solution. Documentation also provides the basis for operating instructions, guides for users, training programs and marketing guides;
• Maintenance and performance enhancement on existing solutions;
• Input into solution design decisions;
• Direct interaction with customers including training and user acceptance if required;
• Continuous testing of own work to ensure that it meets the requirements of the specification and identify bugs (errors) – quality assurance;
• Use third party applications as chosen by Bytes Managed Solution;
• Escalate any issues timeously and clearly;
• Ensure discrete handling of all business information, particularly where confidential information is concerned; Communicate with immediate manager, People Manager, other company department heads and employees, co-workers, clients and other individuals to co-ordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems or give / receive advice /direction;
• Administration: maintain an updated Microsoft Office Outlook calendar; completion of any required administration timeously (e.g. response on performance reviews): weekly timesheets, etc;
• Travel locally, as required, to conduct the company’s business.
• Matric/ Grade 12
• Diploma (Informatics (or Similar)
• Degree (Engineering, Mathematics, statistics) non- negotiable
• Microsoft Certifications (Data science) advantageous
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
3 – 5 years of experience in at least four (4) of the following:
• Advanced mathematical optimization.
• Convex and non-convex optimisation
• Swarm intelligence, Feed-forward nets, and smart agent systems
• Dimensionality reduction and manifold learning, and clustering methods
• LSH, UMAP, HDBSCAN, t-SNE, etc.
• Statistical modelling and inference
• Bayesian statistics, Markov chains, etc.
• Classification, Regression, and Extrapolation
• Tree based classifiers (Random Forest, etc)
• Curve fitting methods (linear, polynomial, splines, etc)
• Decision boundaries, etc.
• Python, and one of the C family languages such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
• OOP and scripting
• Design patterns and data structures
• One of the machine learning tools/frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch scikit-learn, DeepLearning4j, etc. Version control tools: git-based engines such as Github, or Bitbucket.
• Qlik Sense, Power BI
Honours Degree: Statistics (Required), Post Graduate Diploma: Business Administration