Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Do you prefer “getting your hands dirty” and solving challenging technical issues? Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
· Interact with leading engineers around the world.
· Work directly with Amazon Web Services architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
· Drive customer communication during critical events.
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
· First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
· On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and video and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· Find out more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2nv6lBK2o
· As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking experienced and seasoned Windows Engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers and have a strong technical background in systems, windows, OS administration, identity and access management, compliance and auditing, web applications and more. Our Engineers are the “voice of the customer” and have a strong hands-on relationship with the development & architecture teams for recurring issues or complex feature requests. Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
To qualify for this role, you should have the following experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics; or relevant experience in Windows Systems Administration
· 7 + years of experience in Systems administration in Windows Server administration and related services (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, MSSQL)
· Knowledge in Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, or LAN/WAN)
· Knowledge of Windows troubleshooting tools (WinDbg, Windows Sysinternals, perfmon, WPR/WPA)
· Knowledge with Network troubleshooting tools (telnet, test-netconnection, tracert, tracetcp, iperf, ntttcp, dig, packet capture tools)
· Knowledge of a Virtualization technology (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen)
· Knowledge of storage technologies
· Advanced experience in Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
· Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#)
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.