Menlyn, Gauteng, South Africa
Purpose Statement :
To provide relevant information to decision-makers regarding investments of the Group of Companies.
1. Conduct research and perform analysis (TCF)
• Conduct research into different areas of investment management as identified.
• Conduct research into different areas of investment management flowing from the results of the analysis of the investments.
• Analysis of fund manager performance against identified benchmarks and the mandate provided to the manager.
• Compare and monitor the actual investments against the investment policy, manager mandates, the asset-liability model, and statutory
asset spreading requirements.
• Assist with the valuation of group companies where applicable.
• Ad hoc research items identified from time to time.
2. Compile Reports
• Compile standard reports to the Investment Committee, the board of directors, and Assupol Life MANCO regarding investment
management and performance. (TCF)
• Provide ad hoc reports as and when required
3. Provide information for Financial and Statutory reports
• Prepare accounting entries relating to the investments
• Provide necessary detail on the investments for the users of the management accounts
• Provide the relevant information for financial statement purposes
4. Perform fund administration (TCF)
• Performing the relevant calculations on the investments to ensure that the liability transactions are timeously reflected in the investments
• Provide applicable instructions to the investment administrator/asset manager(s).
5. Prepare Tax Calculations
• Compile the information required for the submission of the dividend tax return
• Submit dividend withholding tax return to SARS
• Obtain and collate relevant information for CGT calculation purposes
6. Strategic considerations
• Provide support for key focus areas as identified.
Formal Education :
• Relevant B Comm or B Sc degree
Technical/Legal Certification :
• Preference for:
• Completed CA (SA) articles; or
• Studying towards or holding CFA or CAIA charters;
• Student members of ASSA
• 3 years’ experience in a related position
• Life industry exposure
Legislation: LTIA, Tax Act, Companies Act, FAIS, FICA, Pension Fund Act
Financial Markets:Understanding of financial markets
Financial Reporting:IFRS and statutory reporting base
Actuarial: General understanding of the actuarial process and how it affects the investment management process
MS Office: Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Reporting: Verbal & Written
Communication: Must be able to convey technical concepts verbally and in written format
Job Closing Date