Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division:
Transforming data into insights that drive performance
The A&AS team is a multi-disciplinary group comprised of actuaries, data scientists, and modelling specialists who specialise in providing unique solutions that extends across numerous industries. Leveraging actuarial and advanced analytics skills, we offer a wide range of solutions and expertise which covers both advisory and actuarial services, thus creating synergies and harnessing skills across the team.
From an actuarial perspective we focus on the following areas:
· Employee Benefits Services
· Loyalty Program Services
· Life Sciences Supply Chain
· Medical Scheme Services
· Social Security and Development
· Wider Fields
What does the role involve?
· Provide actuarial advisory services to an array of clients, mainly focused in the healthcare and public sector
· Develop and maintain client relationships
· Support project proposals and concept notes
· Drive and develop actuarial service offerings
· Strong analytical skills is key
· Travel to clients
Qualifications & Experience required
Qualified / part qualified Actuary with a minimum of 3 year’s Actuarial experience, preferably within the Healthcare sphere, however all areas will be considered
Bachelor of Science Degree in Actuarial Science
Postgraduate in related field would be an added advantage
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
Programming experience would be an added advantage (SAS, VBA, SQL, C# or similar)
Strong analytical skills
Leadership capabilities required:
· Strategic Impact: Leads the delivery of designated engagements / projects, managing the execution of the agreed deliverables
· Budgets / Profitability: Manages engagement budgets through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
· Development/Growth of Team: Shares expertise and knowledge with team members on an ongoing basis
· Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values
· Influence – Influences clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
· Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities/direction
· Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. It is our intention to promote representation (race, gender, disability) in line with our Employment Equity targets.