The Gautrain Management Agency (GMA) is a Provincial Public Entity listed in schedule 3 of the Public Finance Management Act. The GMA is established in terms of the Gautrain Management Agency Act, No. 5 of 2006 (as amended), to manage, coordinate and oversee concession agreements for the Gautrain rail transit system and assist the Province and other Organs of State in realizing their integrated public transport and rail – related objectives in the Province.
Applicants with proven suitability, knowledge and experience as required in this advertised post are invited to Click Here to submit their applications. If you have not received any response from us 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 29 JANUARY 2021
SPECIALIST: Commercial & Economic Development
Purpose: To provide support in the following areas: Management of commercial and contractual matters with regards to the Concession Agreement; Review and drafting of commercial contracts and SLAs and assisting in the application of conditions of contract where applicable; Management of Provincial Variations Notices and variations derived from the Concession Agreement; Business Development initiatives and revenue enhancement opportunities for Gautrain Management Agency; Socio Economic Development and Monitoring.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree commerce, legal, quantity surveying or equivalent.
Experience: 5 years’ experience in the Cost Management, review and drafting of commercial agreements, project coordination and procurement, advising on PPP contracts.
Technical Competencies: Commercial Contract Drafting; Cost analysis/ Financial Modelling; Knowledge and understanding of FIDIC condition of contract; Performing risk, value management and cost control; Understanding and experience in PPP and concession agreements; Understanding of principles of Socio-Economic development planning; Due Diligence Skills; Ability to prepare business plans; Ability to prepare Project Payment Summaries for projects; Planning and Organizational Skills; Proven administrative, written and verbal communications; Business writing skills; Interpersonal Communication skills; Ability to coordinate and manage projects; Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
General Competencies: Time Management Skills; Co-ordination Skills; Must possess emotional intelligence and demonstrate ability of diversity management; Ability to work in a team; Interpersonal Skills; Computer Skills; Presentation Techniques.
Knowledge and Skills: Commercial contracts drafting; Basic knowledge and understanding of the management of large infrastructure project contracts; Knowledge and understanding of PPP’s; Understanding of legal and contractual terminology; Understanding of economic development and planning objectives.
· Providing guidance and technical input on the management of commercial transactions;
· Understanding of conditions of contracts and providing technical input related to contractual claims;
· Drafting and analysis of commercial contracts and SLA’s in accordance with good practice;
· Review of Commercial and Contractual documentation;
· Drafting of Provincial Variation Notices and managing the different variations derived from the Concession Agreement;
· Monitoring and tracking the Correspondence Notes to the Concessionaire including timeous contractual responses in line with the Concession Agreement;
· Review of various types of project documents including concession agreements, project reports, legal agreements, financing documents, etc. and advise accordingly;
· Advising in procurement for service contracts between the GMA and the private sectors/service providers;
· Executing contractual tasks associated with the commercial function;
· Providing support in managing key project related deliverables and transactions;
· Managing outputs related to economic development deliverables and monitoring thereof;
· Providing inputs to the development of feasibility studies/business case for the various projects undertaken by the GMA;
· Assisting and investigating specific contract documents and implications for Gautrain Management Agency;
· Due diligence review of various types of project documents including concession agreements, financing documents, term sheets, etc.;
· Undertaking relevant research tasks as needed including market intelligence data gathering/analysis, cost of capital evaluation, assistance with tasks from the respective functions/teams as may be relevant;
· Provide input into the negotiation of transactions and strategic inputs into commercial revenue enhancements for Gautrain Management Agency;
· Review of key documents and correspondence submitted by the Concessionaire related to operational matters for risk and commercial implications arising from the Concession Agreement;
· Tracking the various Project Payment Summary for different GMA projects;
· Validation of invoices and payments thereof;
· Management of economic deliverables in line with the Concession Agreement requirements;
· Providing input and advise in various project deliverables and managing outcomes thereof
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The GMA is an equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equality in employment, especially in respect of race, gender and disability. In line with our endeavors to comply with the Employment Equity Act and meet our Employment Equity Plan numerical goals preference for this position will be given to African/Indian/ Males and/or Coloured/ Females and/or Person with Disabilities (PwD). The GMA offers competitive market related salaries and the remuneration on a Total Guaranteed Package.
Kindly note that qualifying candidates will be required to complete the declaration of interest and confidentiality form. The incumbent will undergo verification of qualifications, State Security Agency Clearance and vetting process. Background checks will be conducted and additionally, the incumbent will undergo Psychometric and Competency Assessments.
Candidates are required to submit detailed CV together with their applications via this link for the attention of Human Capital Unit.
Enquiries can also be mailed to the firstname.lastname@example.org or call or 011086 3608. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have not received any response from us 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.