Location: Tygervalley, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
What will you do?
The Guidewire Core Insurance platform team in Santam BITS (Business Information Technology Services) has a position available for a Tester who will be based in Bellville.
Experienced tester responsible for the development of test cases to verify the functionality of Guidewire Applications (PolicyCenter and Billing Center) and the output as generated on documentation. Also responsible for linking test cases to business/systems requirements to ensure traceability. Provide input into or execute automated test scripts. Will also execute regression test cases, log defects and the creation of testware. This role operates specifically in the Guidewire (Policy Sales & Administration) Domain.
• Analyses and develops the proper test coverage with the Business Analyst
• Responsible for creating and executing test scripts
• Identify and create necessary test data
• Checking test results and logging defects.
• Analyse test failures
• Analyse metrics for quality assessment
• May work with Business Analyst to influence and monitor User Acceptance Testing.
• Tracking and monitoring of errors and test results with project team
• Weekly and testing progress reports sent to management for overall testing reporting
• Responsibilities may require After hours and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported
What will make you successful in this role?
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2-3 years testing experience
• Testing certification (ISTQB – Foundation certificate)
• Previous experience in tools like JIRA, Xray, Zephyr or HP Quality Centre
• Experience in software testing methodologies (agile, waterfall, functional and non-functional), test planning, test cases development, execution of test cases
• Experience in developing test cases and test scenarios from use cases and/or requirements specifications
• Analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Possesses good understanding of Quality Control and Quality Assurance concepts across the SDLC and the TDLC
• Understands test metrics and how they are used for decision support
• Has experience with Requirements Management, Test Management and Defect Management Tools
• Some basic experience with XML
• Able to provide input to improve test methodology / processes
• Review functional requirements
• Define test scenarios
• Tracking of Test coverage and clearance progress
• Provides input to standard test metrics and reporting
• Able to prioritize defects with development team Achieving personal work goals and objectives
• Good communication skills (write and read English)
• Able to work independently
• Able to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Is a good team player
Qualification and Experience
Degree or Diploma with 2 to 4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Regression testing and scripts
System testing, analysis and reviews
Logs and tracks and resolves defects
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
Decision quality – Contributing independently
Plans and aligns – Contributing independently
Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation