Closing Date: 2 February 2021
Business Unit: Corporate Centre – HR & Stakeholder Relations
Primary Reporting: SVP Government Relations and Shared Value
Short Description / Purpose of Job
Monitor and evaluate Sasol’s reputation and provide insight into stakeholder perception on Sasol. Conduct focused research to understand key influencers and decision makers’ position on specific strategic initiatives that can enhance Sasol’s strategic objectives and advance value creation and business sustainability of Sasol. This includes: action research and benchmarking in support of the Sasol Stakeholder Relations function; market research in relation to Sasol’s reputation and benchmarking against peers and providing input into tactical responses; development and maintenance of processes and measures for effective stakeholder identification, issue identification, clustering and reporting; and, orientation, sensitization and advising with respect to stakeholder relations.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
* Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of Sasol’s strategy and business risks.
* Development and institution of reputation management measurement and evaluation systems.
* Benchmark and market research on Sasol’s reputation and evaluating against peers and propose repositioning approach and provide strategic guidance.
* Design tools for targeted stakeholder perceptions surveys that will inform reputation management programmes.
* Monitoring and evaluation of issues that can impact reputation and ensure mitigation measures are in place working closely with subject matter experts, responsible BU and functions.
* Conduct focused research on key stakeholders based on key strategic issues to understand their positions/perceptions or narrative on such issues that can impact Sasol’s ability to create value as well as meet its business objectives and execution of strategy.
* Conduct impact assessment of reputation management and investment programmes.
* Track and report progress on key commitments across the group to ensure risk mitigation and avert potential impact on value creation because of business disruptions.
* Track and report overall reputation of Sasol and provide update on progress as well as advise on strategic responses where necessary.
* Provide input to BU’s, functions and stakeholder relations teams on tactical approach based on evidence-based research, on stakeholders relations and reputation management strategies.
* With Safety, Health and Environment as top priority the incumbent ensures that these elements are considered and included in advice, services as well as the development and implementation of solutions.
* In terms of the Sasol value of Caring for Our People: support their development, and provide opportunities for building understanding and capacity. In addition, all people are treated with respect and dignity, and a high premium is placed on building and maintaining relationships in pursuit of goal achievement.
* In terms of valuing and promotion of Diversity and Inclusion the incumbent ensures that participation, dialogue and open communication is at the centre of this. In addition to continuously challenge own and others’ stereotypes and biases and address this in an emotionally intelligent fashion.
* Acting with Respect and Integrity always, implies that the incumbent is consistent in decision making and action, keep to commitments, professional in conduct and take care with respect to confidentiality.
* With respect to Compliance with All Applicable Legal Requirements, the incumbent ensures that all advice, support, solutions and actions comply with the laws, regulations and standards required and protect Sasol and its employees in terms of financial and reputational damage.
* In terms of Ownership and Accountability for individual and team performance, the incumbent ensures that commitments are maintained, deadlines respected, and rework is kept to the minimum.
* In addition, that continuous feedback and reporting regarding progress, as well as challenges are prioritised and communicated in an open and transparent fashion.
* By delivering on promises to Customers, Shareholders and Other Stakeholders the incumbent ensures that advice, support and solutions show a clear line of sight to the growth, profit optimisation and sustainability goals of Sasol.
Post Graduate Honours Degree
12+ years of experience in the area of Reputation Management.
Certification & Professional Membership
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
People Leadership: Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation. Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
Partnership Leadership: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Business Leadership: Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement. Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Strategic Leadership: Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol. Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability.
Relationship Management: The conscious aim to develop and manage long-term and/or trusting relationships with internal or external customers, distributors, suppliers, or other parties in an environment which can include marketing, selling, servicing and other areas where a relationship is crucial to on-going success. At a senior level, it includes C-level relationships with senior management such as CEO [Chief Executive Officer], CIO [Chief Information Officer], and CFO [Chief Financial Officer].
Breadth of perspective: Possession of a historical perspective may be essential to a broad and deep understanding of a subject that one calls to mind before tackling a problem.
Critical Thinking: The intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication.
NOTE: Please be aware that late applications will not be considered.