Add To Basket
Associate Financial Markets Specialist
Market Operations and Analysis Unit
Financial Markets Department
The main purpose of this position is to contribute to the development of interest rate benchmarks and the transition to alternative reference rates in South Africa. The incumbent will be required to assist in the research, analysis and other facets pertaining to the design and implementation of the benchmark determination process at the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following key performance areas:
• Conduct research on various aspects relating to interest rate benchmarks.
• Keep abreast of international developments on interest rate benchmark reforms and advise of key developments.
• Assist in the preparation of inputs into position papers, presentations and other documentation prepare by the SARB Working Group, Market Practitioners Group (MPG) and other relevant bodies.
• Assist in the development of interest rate benchmarks by testing the design of benchmarks using historical data and implementing solutions for various calculation methodologies.
• Assist in the development of a model for data collection alongside various work streams of the MPG.
• Assist in the development of operating procedures that will govern SARB-administered interest rate benchmarks.
• Assist with committee administration and provide secretarial support.
• Provide administrative support to relevant stakeholders on matters relating to the SARB’s interactions with the Official Sector Steering Group.
• Perform ad hoc tasks.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
• an Honours degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Data Science or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience; and
• at least two to five years’ work experience in financial markets.
The following would be an added advantage:
• knowledge of financial markets products and the pricing thereof;
• proficient in Microsoft Office, R, and/or Python; and
• proficient in data analysis.
Additional requirements include:
• analytical and conceptual thinking abilities;
• written and verbal communication skills;
• availability to work irregular hours on an ad hoc basis;
• report writing skills;
• planning and organising skills;
• interpersonal skills; and
• being a team player.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicant: Please note that internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system. Apply now
External applicant: External applicants MUST apply online, via www.reservebank.co.za.
• All available vacancies will be visible.
• Please follow the links: Careers@SARB>Current vacancies.
– Is this your first visit to our Job Site?>Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); OR
– Already registered on our Job Site?>Already registered?>Login here
• Date posted>Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 27 January 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department