Centre for Learning, Teaching and Development
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Director: Centre for Learning, Teaching and Development. The Centre for Learning, Teaching and Development (CLTD) provides structured learning opportunities, educational resources and individual support across the university to enhance university teaching and student learning. The Director of the CLTD provides intellectual and strategic leadership in order to align the activities of the CLTD with the vision and strategies of Wits University, as well as managing the staff and operations. The Director collaborates with academic, professional, administrative and support staff and structures across the university to conceptualise, implement and support university efforts to advance teaching, student learning and student success.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
– Provide strategic leadership for CLTD
– Manage all operational matters of the CLTD, including human resources and finances
– Contribute to university strategy and implementation related to professional learning of academics and student learning
– Maintain good relationships, communication, and collaborations with internal and external role players
– Keep abreast of national and international trends and developments in higher education
– A PhD degree
– At least seven years relevant work experience at a higher education institution
– Extensive knowledge of the theory, principles and practice of curriculum design and constructive alignment among curriculum, teaching, student learning and assessment of learning
– Experience in managing people and budgets
– Familiarity with different modes of educational delivery, including blended and online
– Understanding of the affordances of educational technology in relation to teaching and student learning in higher education
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
How To Apply
Please provide a 2-3 page letter of motivation that shows the applicant’s understanding of how the CLTD could contribute to Wits University’s Vision and implementation of its Learning and Teaching Plan 2020-2024, a detailed curriculum vitae and three references with contact information.
Closing Date: 20 January 2021
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise