Posting Country: South Africa
Date Posted: 13-Jan-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The IT Deployment Specialist works on the deployment activities for the applications, devices and products which have been developed, testing and ensuring readiness for the operational environment, including overall release management. The IT Deployment Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in the integration and flow of the application/product gained through extensive practical experience and delivers end-to-end application testing, ensuring it is fit-for-purpose and released properly into the production systems. Typically reports to the IT Deployment Manager or Senior IT Deployment Team Leader.
* Demonstrates a good understanding of procedures and concepts through extensive experience and advices the execution of design and implementation of test plans through the provision of advice and execution of administrative activities;
* Effectively interacts with colleagues through proper analyses of the business value outcomes and supports the execution of the projects including technology perspective, capability road map and possible scenarios for deployment;
* Supports the deployment team to deliver activities related, but not limited to generating domain level deployment specifications and test applications by designing, writing and updating test cases and test scripts;
* Includes overseeing regression, system integration, ad hoc testing and completing defect reports and verifying any fixed issues;
* Uses communication skills to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way to support ensuring relevance of test scripts, 3rd party vendors, project teams and other relevant stakeholders;
* Demonstrates a good understanding of procedures and concepts through acquired experience, to supervise the process of requirements revision, specifications and technical design in order to ensure smooth quality assurance processes;
* Supports the team to follow the delivery roadmap, ensuring product is available to the customer in line with KPIs (e.g. on time and to specified standard);
* Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
Education: Matric and 3 year Qualification, AWS certification is compulsory
MicroServices and APIs
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.