Welcome to careerdam.com, careerdam.com is owned and operated by NewDam Tech (Pty) Ltd (Registration Number: 2018 / 382781 / 07). NewDam Tech was Founded in 2018.
Careerdam.com is owned and operated by NewDam Tech (Pty) Ltd (“NewDam Tech”), who also acts as the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act (“the Act”).
Jobseeker or Candidate refers to users who are private individuals seeking employment or related services
Employer/Recruiter refer to companies or recruiters that use the services offered by CareerDam.com
User/Users will imply both Jobseeker and Employer, where applicable.
The purpose of the Careerdam.com Website is to provide services to Jobseekers looking for employment and to Employers Looking to hire within the Financial Services Sector. This website provides a directory that Jobseekers can search through and publication for employers of Open Positions.
Accessing this website does not generally require the user to subscribe or register their profile. However, the use of some of the services offered by Careerdam.com is subject to prior completion of the corresponding user registration, where the User will select a username and password.
Careerdam.com reserves the right to modify the content of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice and so it recommends that Users read them every time they access and use this website. Furthermore, Careerdam.com reserves the right to modify the design, presentation, and configuration of this Website, and some or all of the services offered, and to add new services, without prior notice.
In any event, Careerdam.com reserves the right to refuse access to this Website, at any time and without the need for prior notice, to Users that breach any of the Terms and Conditions applicable to them.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WEBSITE USERS
The following Responsibilities are applicable to all Users that access and use this website, regardless of whether they are Jobseekers or Employers.
The User Must:
- Use this website and its services for the sole purpose stipulated in these Terms and Conditions
- Comply with all applicable laws and the Terms and Conditions of this website, and always show due respect to other Users of this website.
- Respect third-party rights when using services on this Website. This means that the User is prohibited from reproducing, distributing, transferring, adapting and modifying, using any means and in any way, the content of this website that belongs to Careerdam.com or third parties, (texts, designs, graphics, information, databases, files, trademarks, etc.) and all other elements of this Website, except with the prior consent of their legal owners or when this is permitted by law.
- Publish content on this website pursuant to the provisions set out below, in these Terms and Conditions.
- Not use mechanisms, software, and scripts in relation to using this Website.
- Not block, overwrite, modify, and copy content unless this is strictly necessary for the correct use of the services offered on this Website and for the purpose described above. For instance, copying using robot/crawler-type search technologies is not necessary to correctly use the services, which means it is prohibited.
- Not publicly reproduce and disseminate content from this website or from other Users.
- Not perform any actions that may damage the functionality of this website infrastructure, particularly by overloading it.
- Not Perform any actions, especially hacking, that may damage, or render useless, the material and information contained on this website, its information systems and documents, files and all types of content stored on any computer equipment belonging to this website, its Users and/or third parties.
- Keep the password they select and prevent third parties from using it, upon and after registering the profile on this website.
- Not gather or use data and content that are published on this website and that belong to other Users for activities involving promotional or advertising purposes, and from sending marketing communications of any type and through any media when these have not been requested or previously approved by Careerdam.com and/or the data subjects.
Publication of content on this website
I. User Content
When registering as a User on this website, you may only include relevant information on your profile, such as Open Positions, images, audio files, videos, messages, trademarks, logos and any other type of information and/or document in the applicable format, information included must be for the purpose of this website’s services offered. All material and information that a User may send, publish, show, or make available in any other way on or through this website will be referred to as “User Content” in these Terms and Conditions.
All content uploaded by a User is the sole responsibility of the User, hence the User is solely liable for all the User Content they include on this website and expressly declares and guarantees that: (i) they own the User Content that they are sending, publishing, showing or, in any other way, making available on this website or through the same, or that they have the right or authorisation, in some other way, to publish it and make it available on this website and that they grant the user licence to Careerdam.com as established in this section; (ii) the said User Content and its sending, publication, display or availability on or through this website does not violate applicable law or privacy rights, advertising rights, authors’ rights, contractual rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights belonging to any person or entity; (iii) such sending, publication, display or availability on or through this website will not give rise to breach of an agreement between the User and a third party. The User expressly accepts that the same will pay all royalties, fees, damages and any other amounts owed to any persons or entities derived from the said User Content having been sent, published or displayed on or through this website.
The User content is the sole responsibility of the User and the User is fully liable for ensuring that all the User Content is continually up to date so that it always reflects the truth and correct information. The User accepts that they will defend and compensate Careerdam.com and the companies in its business group and hold the same harmless in the event of any claims derived from such User Content that the User may make available.
Only to the extent permitted by law, if you, as a User, publish User Content on this website, you grant Careerdam.com a right and a licence that are non-exclusive, global, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid for, royalty free and capable of sublicensing, to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform and publish the User Content, prepare derivative works based on the same and take advantage of it, in any other way, for the purpose of publishing material on this website or a website belonging to its partners, and maintain and promote this website, without restrictions. You further grant Career Dam, its partners and sublicensees, a licence, pursuant to the terms established above, to use your name, username, trademarks and logos in relation to any User Content or the marketing materials of this website, or in actions initiated by Careerdam.com to promote or advertise such User Content (e.g. Open Positions), including using keywords on third-party online search engines.
II. Publication/Posting rules concerning User Content
The User must comply with the following rules:
- All User Content that the User provides to Careerdam.com must be true and accurate. To this end, the User guarantees the authenticity of all data they may upload and communicate/send on this website, and that they have the right or authorisation to provide them.
- The User is liable for ensuring that all the User Content is kept continually up to date so that it always reflects the truth. The User will be solely liable for any false or inaccurate declarations they may make and any damages these may cause to Careerdam.com and/or third parties.
- The User must not use, publish and make available on this website any User Content that is or that may be interpreted as harmful, defamatory, slanderous, discriminatory, abusive or obscene, that contains insults of a sexual, ethnic or racial nature or that the User knows to be false, deceptive or inaccurate.
- The User must not use, publish and make available on this website any User Content that is of a pornographic nature or that infringes upon child-protection laws, or that is aimed at advertising, offering or distributing pornographic products or products that infringe upon child-protection laws, and from bothering other users.
- The User must not use, publish and make available on this website any User Content that is legally protected (especially, by legislation concerning intellectual property rights, e.g. trademarks, patents, etc.…) without having the right or authorisation to do so.
- The User must not use, publish and make available on this website any User Content that damages or that may damage or in any way affect the quality of the services offered on this website.
The User knows and accepts that use of this website’s services takes place under their sole and exclusive liability.
Careerdam.com reserves the right to delete and remove any User content, or of the user content that may in any way, in our view, infringes the publication rules set out above or any other undertakings established in these Terms and Conditions. If you believe that any User Content breaches the provisions of this section, contact our customer service team so we can analyse it and consider erasing it, where applicable.
The User will be liable for loss and damage of any type that Careerdam.com may incur that is a consequence of intentional or malicious breach of any of the Responsibilities to which The User is subject pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and the applicable regulations.
RULES OF USE FOR EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS
Employer/Recruiter registration, and public profile and account use.
Posting open positions and using certain Careerdam.com services the Employer/Recruiter is required to register on this website as an Employer/Recruiter. To do this, the Employer’s or Recruiter’s contact person, which shall be an employee or legal representative of the company, must provide identification information of for the company, including their professional contact information and a password.
When registering and using the account as an Employer/Recruiter, the below rules must be followed and observed:
- Only registered companies and that are duly incorporated pursuant to the applicable legislation may be registered.
- Each company may only register once, regardless of whether there are any subsidiaries or branches, and regardless of name changes and tax information changes.
- To Register on this website and use the services thereof, the registration must have been authorised by the legal representative of the company. By registering on this website, the Employer/Recruiter makes the above declarations and issues the above guarantees.
- There must be some type of direct employment or professional relationship between the contact person responsible for performing registration and the Employer/Recruiter. The individual acting as the contact person or representative of the Employer/Recruiter may not be an independent agent or represent and register more than one company as an Employer.
- Registration on this website should be to use this website’s services only, to advertise Open Positions and look for Jobseekers for the Open Positions published, as well as management of the recruitment processes through the use of the tools offered by Careerdam.com and within this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
- It is forbidden both to register users of the account and to allow the use of the same or resell its access, in the case of individuals outside the organization of the Employer, including their own customers.
- The Employer/Recruiter must use this website to publish the recruitment processes of its organization, with the exception of those recruiting companies that use it in the development of their own activity, excluding digital/online platforms, and as long as they do not compete or intend to compete against Careerdam.com and/or the companies pertaining to its corporate group.
- The Employer/Recruiter must manually and interactively access the services and any information published on this Website. It is prohibited to access or read this website using robots or automatic programs.
To complete, update and/or improve its public profile or company page, the Employer/Recruiter authorises Careerdam.com to include information, photographs, videos, trademarks and logos and any other information that the Employer/Recruiter may have made publicly available on its corporate website and/or social networks. The Employer/Recruiter may, at any time, edit, modify, delete or update the said content included by Careerdam.com on its public profile or company page. Careerdam.com will include only content that complies with these Terms and Conditions and particularly, with the rules on content publication set out above.
Careerdam.com will check that this website registration requirements have been fulfilled based on its own judgement or the legitimate, certified requirements of third parties, entities or institutions, and it reserves the right to refuse to register a company or entity, for commercial reasons or due to past contractual breaches or breaches of the Terms and Conditions, if this has been proven or if there are grounds to suspect such breach, or due to having received complaints from third parties concerning inappropriate activities.
Breach of the registration rules may mean immediate cancellation of the account belonging to the Employer/Recruiter and destruction of its associated content without the possibility of recovery. In no event will suspension of the service or refusal to activate an account due to breach of the registration rules or any of the Terms and Conditions give rise to refund of payments made.
Content of Open Positions
All Open Positions must be for real jobs and their content must be true and accurate. A previously published vacancy may only be duplicated in a case where, the Employer/Recruiter has not found an employee for those specific Open Positions.
Posting Open Positions is prohibited in all the following events:
- If such open positions are allegedly illegal pursuant to national, or international legislation or if their purpose is to perform activities that are allegedly illegal or in breach of good practice and the principles of good faith.
- If they could damage the good name and reputation of Career Dam.
- If they breach the rules on Content publication established in these Terms and Conditions.
- If they fail to meet the quality parameters established by Career Dam.
- If they include a form to enable direct contact with the company in the field used to describe the role (email, telephone, URL or FAX).
- If they include more than one job in the same offer.
- If they correspond to open positions where payment is exclusively on commission or where it is above the average salary for the job in question.
- If they require the Jobseeker to make a capital investment or make any form of payment in relation to the open position.
- If they involve work exchanges, volunteering, or work with deferred payment.
- If they correspond to sales based on a multi-level or pyramid schemes.
- If they require photographs to be sent (an exception to this limitation is the passport-sized photograph included on the resume that Jobseekers provide).
- If they are defined as open positions for “models” or “masseurs” without requiring experience or specific certification in this field.
- If they contravene basic human rights, infringe legal rights, attempt to take advantage of people, show a lack of online courtesy, create a nuisance, or could generate negative opinions among Users or third parties. Prohibited actions include but are not limited to the following: inserting content that favours or fosters the creation, maintenance and development of businesses related to pornography, obscene material or managing erotic contacts; content related to clairvoyants, tarot, “occult sciences” or any other related content; and, in general, any content that Careerdam.com deems to be inappropriate for its Users.
- If they contravene the principles of legality, honour, responsibility, protection of human dignity, child protection, protection of public order, protection of privacy, consumer protection and intellectual property rights.
Careerdam.com reserves the power to remove from this website any content deemed inappropriate in view of the characteristics and purposes of this website.
Any Employer/Recruiter that may enter content that contravenes any legislation in force, or these Terms and Conditions will be exclusively liable for all damages and consequences derived from its publication and must hold Careerdam.com harmless from any liability in the respect.
If you become aware of any inappropriate content on this website, please contact us through our contact form.
Other Responsibilities applicable to EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS
EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS must not use the adverts published to:
- Publish false, inaccurate, or deceptive information.
- publish on behalf of another person, whether they are living or dead.
- Advertise trade or acquire clients (including, but not limited to: positions for multi-level companies, franchises, membership clubs, product distribution and any other type of trade requiring cash investment by the User).
- Publish chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Publish opinions, news, or adverts, or promote products or services.
- Obtain mass information about Users, in particular, their CVs, for uses other than the purpose of this website (hiring purposes).
Regarding data obtained from Jobseekers, EMPLOYERs/RECRUITERS must comply with the following:
- Access Jobseeker’s data for clear, legitimate purposes in accordance with the services specifically contracted and pursuant to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and only for recruitment purposes.
- Process Jobseeker information with the utmost secrecy and confidentiality and pursuant to all applicable legislation on personal data protection from time to time.
- Refrain from transferring personal data to natural and legal persons other than the ones expressly authorised and for uses other than the purpose of this website, which is to connect, via this website, private individuals looking for work with employers or recruiters looking for Jobseekers so they can offer them work.
- Protect all personal data to which they have access and guarantee their confidentiality and prevent unauthorised third parties from obtaining access to the same.
- Access data belonging to the persons registered for, or assigned to, each selection process is allowed as long as the user account remains active.
- In no event are EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS permitted to store data belonging to Jobseekers for other job adverts or to create a private database of CVs, or to use this website for any purpose other than the one for which it is designed. EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS must, at all times, respect the Careerdam.com Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
Rules on publishing Open Positions
When publishing Open Positions on this website, the following rules must be observed:
- Career Dam, at its sole discretion, may offer EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS the opportunity to publish any number of open positions for a fee, to be consumed in a set period as per payment and with the restrictions the former may choose to apply from time to time. Notice of the offer will be sent through the management area of the Employer/Recruiter’s personal account. Careerdam.com reserves the right to modify the conditions of the offer at any time.
- All Open Positions are reviewed by the Careerdam.com team to check their quality and make sure they comply with the Terms and Conditions. Once validated, and the payment has been received by Career Dam, they will be shown on this website. The validation process may take approximately 24 hours following entry of the offer on this website. However, this process may sometimes take up to two (2) working days. Open Positions have a period of validity of the days paid for and this period may be extended by the Employer/Recruiter, and this will always be subject to the duration of their membership or contract and pursuant to the conditions of service. Once the period of validity and/or membership or the contract has expired, the open positions will automatically become unpublished.
- Active Open Positions can be modified by the Employer/Recruiter who published the advert at any time during the period of validity of the same and/or of the membership or contract. Any offer modified following its initial validation will remain pending publication until validation of the modifications by Career Dam. In this event, the time taken for this process will not be added to the original validity.
- If published Open Positions have expired but have not been erased by online search engines that are third party to Career Dam, the traffic derived from these open positions will be redirected to a selection of similar open positions.
- Careerdam.com monitors to ensure the content of adverts is correct. However, it will accept no liability for any errors that may arise or any damage that such errors may cause to third parties. All content published is the exclusive liability of the Employer/Recruiter that publishes it.
- The Employer/Recruiter accepts and consents to the open positions it publishes being included on online aggregators to try to improve the dissemination and effectiveness of the open positions. The information provided by Careerdam.com to the said online aggregators will comprise the title, offer description and all other information that the Employer/Recruiter decides to make public on Career Dam, together with a link from such information to this website. Careerdam.com will monitor to ensure that any use of such data by online aggregators is in accordance with the purpose of this website; however, it cannot accept liability should this not be the case.
Services offered and how they work
Careerdam.com has services, to be paid for by EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS, obtained either through once-off payments or subscription, and such services enable better use of this website. Access to the services by EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS is voluntary.
The prices and fees applied to each product or subscription will correspond to the ones published on this website when they are contracted and, in no event, do they include the costs derived from the payment method the Employer/Recruiter chooses or any corresponding taxes, where applicable, which will be applied before payment takes place.
Careerdam.com will issue an invoice before payment has been made for a product through this website. EMPLOYERS/RECRUITERS will be able to access the said invoice in the management area of their personal account. In the event contracting takes place through a sales representative, the latter will be the one to generate an invoice, which will be sent to the Employer/Recruiter by email and which will also be accessible in the management area belonging to the Employer/Recruiter on Careerdam.com.
Service termination or suspension. Refund policy
The Terms and Conditions will remain in force while the Employer/Recruiter is using this website and its account remains open. The Employer/Recruiter can, at any time, delete its profile, account and Open Positions.
Careerdam.com reserves the power to cancel or suspend the service and prevent or limit the Employer/Recruiter’s access, without the latter being entitled to a refund for the amount paid in the event of use that is fraudulent or that breaches these Terms and Conditions and that is contrary to the purpose of this website.
Furthermore, Careerdam.com reserves the right to suspend/delete or permanently cancel this website service in the event it does not receive the corresponding payment on the invoice due date, in the event that a payment is not received the open position will not be published on this website.
Breach of the registration rules may mean immediate cancellation of the account belonging to the Employer/Recruiter and destruction of the content associated with the same without the possibility of recovery.
In no event will suspension of the service or refusal to activate an account due to breach of the registration rules or any of the Terms and Conditions give rise to a refund for payments made.
Careerdam.com reserves the right to terminate the contractual relationship with the Employer/Recruiter at any time, with or without prior notice. The Employer/Recruiter will be entitled to reimbursement of the unused services in the event of serious breach by Careerdam.com of these Terms and Conditions and/or the terms agreed in the relevant signed Service Order or Contract.
RULES OF USE FOR JOBSEEKERS
Jobseeker registration and services
Access to this website by Jobseekers does not require prior subscription or registration by the same.
However, to be able to enjoy certain services offered on this website, the Jobseeker must register. To create an account, the Jobseeker must provide the following data: name(s) and surname, valid email address and password. Furthermore, the Jobseeker may include their academic history, work experience, skills, photograph and city or location on their profile.
Services available are as follows:
- A search engine and directory of Open Positions.
- Subscription to alerts for recently published Open Positions.
- Application for published Open Positions, so the Jobseeker can make their contact data available to the Employer/Recruiter.
- Free publication of their resume on this website. The Jobseeker can determine whether their resume Must be automatically accessible to Employer/Recruiter or whether this Must be the case only if they apply for a specific job offer.
Careerdam.com may, at any time and without prior notice, choose to stop offering all or some of its services.
As a result of registering as a Jobseeker on this website, the Jobseeker expressly authorises Careerdam.com to provide certain information concerning them to enable contact with Employers/Recruiters, respecting, at all times, the privacy level set by the Jobseeker and pursuant to the Careerdam.com Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
Electronic communications and alerts
This website offers the Jobseeker a free service that provides alerts about Open Positions and this will be sent to the User’s email once they have registered on this website using the corresponding form.
The Jobseeker can easily modify or erase the alert services free of charge through a quick process, by following the instructions given in the footer text of the electronic communications received.
Service termination or suspension
The Terms and Conditions will remain in force while the Jobseeker makes use of this website and their account remains open. The Jobseeker can, at any time, delete their profile, account and all information about them on this website.
Careerdam.com reserves the power to prevent or limit access and suspend or cancel the account belonging to the Jobseeker in the event of use that breaches these Terms and Conditions and that is contrary to the purpose of this website.
When you visit our website http://www.careerdam.com (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website (such as by posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; usernames; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; career listing details; id/drivers license; job titles; and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases/bookings, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Payfast. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.payfast.co.za/privacy-policy.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
Location Data. We collect information data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” for further information.
To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the Website in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Website and register for our Website through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Website, and view your profile.
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Website offers you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Website. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Website.
The Website may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com
When you visit this website, some information about you is collected from your computer or whichever device you might be using to access this site. The information collected might include but not limited to, your IP address, web browser software (such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari), and referring websites, your online activity, such as opportunities and/or profiles viewed on this website. By collecting this information, we can help to customise your user experience and make your use of the Site more convenient.
We use the following cookies:
Necessary cookies essential for the operation of the Site. necessary cookies include, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site etc.
Functionality cookies Enable services and recognises you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise content for you and remember your preferences where applicable.
Analytical or performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the Site and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Targeting cookies collect information about you. This includes your browsing habits on our partners’ sites which helps us to present you with the most relevant content at our own site and in emails. Targeted cookies can also be used to promote any opportunities that may be relevant to your interests or for the provision of third-party products and services. This information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The exclusions and limitations of liability established in this section are applied to the greatest extent permitted by the relevant law. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any user rights that cannot be legally limited.
Careerdam.com provides services and access to this website as it stands and subject to availability. We expressly waive all warranties of all types, whether they be express or implicit, including warranties or conditions of marketability, suitability for a specific purpose, ownership, peaceful enjoyment, accuracy and non-infringement. Careerdam.com does not make any warranty that this website will be available uninterruptedly, when convenient, securely or free of errors, or that the results that can be obtained from using this website are accurate or reliable. For reasons of maintenance, security or capacity, as a consequence of events that Careerdam.com cannot influence (eg anomalies in public communication networks, power cuts, etc.) brief anomalies in Website services and passing interruptions to them may take place. Consequently, Careerdam.com excludes, to the greatest extent permitted by the legislation in force, all liability for loss and damage of any type that may be owing to lack of availability or continuity in the functioning of this website and of the services available on the same, in addition to errors in accessing the different pages of this website or the pages from which, where applicable, the services are provided.
Careerdam.com cannot accept liability for loss or damage of any type derived from a lack of preciseness, exhaustiveness, recency, errors or omissions concerning the information and services contained on this Website and other User Content and third-party content that can be accessed through the same. In the event that a User Must consider that there is Content on this website that infringes their rights, they must immediately notify Careerdam.com using this website contact form. Careerdam.com does not assume any duty or undertaking to check or monitor its content and information beyond the checks performed by its moderation team and following reports submitted by Users through the contact form that can be easily accessed on this website.
Careerdam.com cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may be derived from the services provided by third parties through this Website, or for the means that such third parties may set up to manage service requests and, specifically, such loss or damage may be derived from, but not limited to: acts of unfair competition or illegal advertising as a consequence of third-party services being provided through this website; lack of truthfulness, preciseness or exhaustiveness; latent defects or defects; lack of relevance and/or recency regarding content transferred, disseminated, stored, received, obtained or made available or accessible through the services provided by third parties on this Website.
The User has the right to easily and effectively deregister from this website and stop receiving messages originating from the same. Careerdam.com cannot guarantee that other Users that have already obtained the User’s email address as a result of contact on this website cannot contact the User again in the future. Furthermore, inclusion by Jobseekers of their CVs in our online database considerably increases their visibility to Employers/Recruiters seeking employees. We would like to expressly mention that Careerdam.com endeavours to limit access to CVs belonging to Jobseekers so that only Employers/Recruiters can access them for the purpose of this website. Nevertheless, Careerdam.com cannot offer a guarantee in this regard. In any event, we will prohibit access to the service to companies in the event that we discover that they are using the data for purposes other than looking for employees.
Within its content, this website includes links to websites that belong to, or that are managed by, third parties, for the purpose of making it easy for users to access information available online. Careerdam.com does not assume any liability derived from the existence of links between the content on this Website and content located elsewhere or from any other mention of content that is external to this Website. Such links or mentions are exclusively for information purposes and, in no event, do they mean that there is any support, approval, marketing or relation of any type between Careerdam.com and the people or entities that write or manage such content or that own this websites where it is found.
Use of the password is personal and non-transferable and its permanent or temporary transfer to third parties is not permitted. The User must adopt the necessary measures to keep the password they have selected safe and prevent third parties from using it. The User is solely liable for any use made of their password, with complete indemnity for Career Dam. In the event that the User Must become aware of, or suspect use of, the password by third parties, they must notify Careerdam.com as quickly as possible.
Careerdam.com Platform is not intended for people below the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information of persons below the age of 18. By using this website, you accept and agree to all Terms and Conditions of this website without alteration.
If the User access this website or use it as an employee or representative of an Employer/Recruiter, he/she declares and guarantee that he/she has the authority to bind the company they represent to these Terms and Conditions.
All operating rights are reserved.
All texts, designs, images, databases, logos, structure, trademarks and other elements of this Website are the property of Careerdam.com and hence, protected by the intellectual property rights of Careerdam.com and/or the third parties that own the same that have duly authorised their inclusion on this website through the registration form or, where applicable, the relevant assignment agreements.
Any reproduction, transfer, adaptation, translation, modification, public communication or any other use of all or part of the content of this Website that belongs to Careerdam.com performed in any way or using any electronic, mechanical or other means is strictly prohibited except in the case where a Jobseeker downloads a CV, and with the prior written consent of Careerdam.com or of the third parties that are the legal owners. Any breach of these rights may give rise to the corresponding civil or criminal court proceedings. Any third party texts, designs, images, databases, logos, structure, trademarks or other intellectual property rights belonging to third parties does not imply transfer of ownership of the same to Career Dam. The legitimacy of the intellectual property rights corresponding to the content provided by Users is the exclusive liability of the same.
In a case where any User or third party should deem that there has been an infringement of their legitimate intellectual property rights through introduction of certain content on this website, they must report such situation in writing to using the contact data given below and include:
- Identification data of the interested party that owns the rights allegedly subject to infringement. If the complaint is being submitted by a third party other than the interested party, they must state the capacity in which they are acting and provide proof of their power of attorney.
- Identification of the content protected by intellectual property rights and its location on this website.
- Proof of the existence, ownership and validity of the intellectual property rights
- Express declaration that the interested party accepts liability for the truthfulness of the data and information provided in the notification established in this section.
***You Must not be charged or be required to pay any amount as a Jobseeker at any stage of the selection process, be it at the interviewing stage or at the job offer stage of the hiring process.
Jobseeker Video Criteria
The video that you upload as a Jobseeker on this website Must follow the below rules:
- you must be 18 or older
- The video Must be professional and only contain the Jobseeker (only one person in the video)
- The video must not contain explicit content, nudity, abusive content and Profanity.
- In the video you Must dress up as though you are going to an interview at a physical location.
- The video Must focus on answering the “tell me about yourself question” and Must be answered as though you at an interview.
- The video must not depict alcohol, tobacco, or drug use
- There Must be no background noise, movement or other people.
Jobseeker profile picture criteria
- To use the Careerdam.com platform you must be 18 or older
- The image must be clear and Must only be head and Musters
- There Must only be one person in the picture
- The image must not contain explicit content, nudity, abusive content and Profanity.
Open Positions and Jobseeker profiles on this website are published independently by third parties. Careerdam.com does not provide recruitment services, and Must not be considered a recruitment agency and we are not involved in the hiring processes of third parties. We will not be responsible for any user entering into any agreement or making any decisions of whatever nature in connection with the posting of jobs, candidate profiles or any other information obtained on this website. We collect and use the information to operate our website and to deliver the services you have requested. We will also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from our network and our affiliates. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our current services or of potential new services that may be offered. We will disclose your personal information without notice, as necessary to fulfill the business services we offer, or as required by law, or other legal processes, and investigations which requires disclosure of such information.
We may provide links to/or accept links from websites of other parties for convenience. We do not control or maintain the material presented by other persons on their websites and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained on a site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply any association or relationship between us and the person sponsoring the linked site and does not constitute or imply any endorsement, approval or sponsorship of the linked site. The links do not imply legal authority to use any protected rights of others reflected in the links. We do not vouch for or assume any responsibility for the content, accuracy or completeness of material presented directly or indirectly on linked sites.
The information presented on this web site is provided ‘as is’, ‘with all faults’ and ‘as available’, without representation or warranty of any kind, as to suitability, reliability, merchantability, fitness, non-infringement, result, outcome or any other matter. We do not represent that such information is or will be always up to date, complete or accurate. Any representation or warranty that might be otherwise implied is expressly disclaimed. Insofar as our website contains links to any other internet website, you acknowledge and agree that we do not have control over any such website and shall therefore not be liable in any way for the contents of any such linked website, nor for any costs, expenses, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever arising from you access and/or use of any such website.
Whilst we will do everything in our power to ensure that our server is free from viruses, Trojan horses, bombs, time-locks, or any other data, code or harmful mechanism that has the ability to affect the operation of your system, by employing industry standard virus protection and technology, we cannot and do not, however guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
You agree that we are not liable to you or others, in any way or for any damages of any kind or under any theory, or for any costs, expenses, losses, and damages of any nature (whether direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this website, your inability to use this website and/or operational failure of this website, and or whether or not such costs, expenses, losses and damages are based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, arising from this site, or your access to use of or reliance on the information on or through this site.
All rights to the content of this website are reserved and retained by the owners of such rights. Users of this website are not granted a licence or any other right including, without limitation, under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or Intellectual Property Rights to the contract.
The terms and conditions of this disclaimer shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with South African law. The user irrevocably agrees that the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions or the legal relationship established by them, and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the South African courts.
We, NewDam Tech (Pty) Ltd, hereby bring to the notice of the public at large as well as all concerned that some unscrupulous and fraudulent persons are making in our name false and fake job offers and are soliciting job applications requiring the Jobseekers / applicants to pay processing fees and/or deposit amounts in bank accounts by sending false e-mails or by making fraudulent telephone calls. If any person receives any such communication offering a job or interview calls in our name against payment of any monies or otherwise, we strongly advise not to respond to the same. Please be informed that we, NewDam Tech (Pty) Ltd, shall not in any way whatsoever be responsible or liable for any loss that may be occasioned to any member of the public on account of their dealings with such fraudulent persons.
MODIFICATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Careerdam.com reserves the right to change and update the content of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice and so it is recommended that Users read the Terms and Conditions every time they access and use this website. Furthermore, Careerdam.com reserves the right to modify the design, presentation and/or configuration of this Website, and some or all of the services offered, and to add new services. No changes will be applicable to claims submitted before publication of the changes. Access and use of this website by the User will constitute acceptance of the said changes.
RELEVANT LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms and Conditions of this website are governed by South African law. For any disputes or controversies that arise, or actions brought that are derived from provision of the services and content of Career Dam, in addition to the interpretation, application, enforcement, performance and breach of what is established herein, Careerdam.com and the User will be subject, unless legislation states otherwise, to the jurisdiction of the South African courts.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Copyright © 2021, NewDam Tech (Pty) Ltd. All rights reserved.